Old mill wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Joekelly23

Dec 15, 2022
West Chester pa
Hi all, Ive looked over a few posts about old mill stoves. I see that they may not be the best but a good starter stove. I’m new to them so I’m thinking about getting one. I found this one for $300. May be able to get it lower. Was just wondering if anyone could tell me more about it and its condition based on the pictures. Thanks
E28F6009-F418-4FBA-9E75-A026D7E4642D.png
2057EFC3-707F-475B-8B6C-39B43408AC7E.png

Hi all, Ive looked over a few posts about old mill stoves. I see that they may not be the best but a good starter stove. I’m new to them so I’m thinking about getting one. I found this one for $300. May be able to get it lower. Was just wondering if anyone could tell me more about it and its condition based on the pictures. Thanks View attachment 305237View attachment 305238
That is a coal insert. It will burn wood but not all that well. It will also probably need an 8" liner When new stuff needs 6. I would keep looking