Old stump grinder

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mellow

Resident Stove Connoisseur
Jan 19, 2008
Salisbury, MD
Couldn't find this on google so I thought I would post about it. It has been sitting in a guys field for the past 8 years, cleaned the carbs and put new oil in and cleaned the plug, started right up, using it to remove a stump I have in the back yard. It is amazing this thing even runs.

Woody chuck stump grinder, anyone seen this before?

Attachments

• IMAGE_150e.jpg
    IMAGE_150e.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 501
  • IMAGE_151.jpg
    IMAGE_151.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 435
Cool I could use that wensday if you weren't so far away! I have two stumps next to a sidewalk that need to come out. Oh well it to be dig ans saws-all time.

Billy

That thing is ridiculous. Are you supposed to stand next to the cutting edge? The horizontal cutter will throw chunks of wood and rock out at high speed into your shins. I'm all for hokey equipment but that thing looks silly.

Better wear some tall boots. The little shield won't stop everything.

I thnk that thing is slow going

It is slow going, I don't have to worry about chunks flying at my shins because it doesn't do that good of a job even with the blades sharpened, it is more like strips of wood.

It just amazes me that something this old can sit for so long and still run, guess they don't make em like they used to.

It's great! Use it...just wear shin guards.

Status
Not open for further replies.