older bk princess tech question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

akhelihoon907

Nov 20, 2011
anchorage
Hi im new to this site and wood stoves. Im glad that their is a forum for this stuff because I can't find my answers to my questions anywhere in town. I have been searching the sight as best as i can but just decided to join so here goes. I just bought a bk princess pej-1002 model . The catalyst I think is a 7x2 right? But I need a new one and was thinking about going with a steel cat instead of a ceramic. Another question on my model their is a metal plate above my cat is that supposed to be removable? Or is it supposed to be welded to the stove? i can not remove it from the stove but i can move it around inside the stove next to the dampner and such. I noticed it has two slots in the end if it as if something were to attatch but im am lost. And between that steel plate and the top of the stove is a peice of fiber board do I need it mine fell apart while cleaning the stove out? And finally my last question is one other steel plate that is floating around between my damper and cat. It has two ears or tabs that help it hook to something where or how dose it attatch? Thanks for your time I hope to get some advise on this matter.

I for got to mention I already downloaded the pdf on my model and call blazeking for support. All they did was point me to the manual and the manual is not detailed enough to show thej parts that I am referring to. Would it help to post some pics when I get home?

Status
Not open for further replies.