on line Tax Preperation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sting

Feeling the Heat
Jan 8, 2008
Wisconsin
Anyone doing their Fed and State returns on line?

If yes what site are you using to keep the cost down - YET have some confidence that its done close to right!

Sting said:
Anyone doing their Fed and State returns on line?

If yes what site are you using to keep the cost down - YET have some confidence that its done close to right!

I have been using turbotax.com for at-least 4 years now knock on wood no problems yet. Nice that all your past years info is kept and all I do is answer a few questions add updated salary info it calculates the rest.

I've been using TaxAct online for several years now. It's cheaper than TurboSux, easy to use, and best of all, if I remember my logon and p/w, it remembers last year's return and I'm half-way done before I even start.

Peace,
- Sequoia

I did H & R block online for free, got my return quickly, and it was 200 more than I had figured out on paper.

Chalk up another happy person for turbo tax. Free federal because i make less than 55k, and 9.95 or 14.95 state . Been happy with it for years, can't beat the price.

I used to use TaxSlayer - but I cannot find it on the web this season

Used TaxAct last night after trying the HRBlock system == Block was going to charge me almost 90 bucks - TaxAct came in for FAR less

Thanks for the help

Sting!

TAX ACT saves last year's info reliable, cheap, & I get my returns
direct deposited within 7 days. :coolsmile:

I the past 4 years I've used TurboTax, TaxCut and TaxAct. They all work equally well nd are reliable. The big difference is Taxact is about $20, Taxcut is about $40 and TurboTax is about $50. TaxAct is also cheaper for electronic filing.

FWIW I never do the online prep though, I always download the software and do the work on my own computer. Too many data breaches in the past few years for my comfort...and too may companies storing private information that they're not supposed to...or are even aware they're storing.

Status
Not open for further replies.