one fast tree

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

feelingasi

May 1, 2008
palermo ny
after reading about things in trees i thought i would share this. no i didn't hit it, but i had to split it out of the crotch. it was most definately "grown in"

Attachments

• fasttree.jpg
    fasttree.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 591
Is that a carb?! HOLY @@@@

lol thats a new item up for bib...

Is that a quadrajet?

I've seen pics of saws that cut half way through the tree and then the tree grew around it.

Matt

My Grandad found a double barrel shotgun embedded in the crotch of an alder on the Oregon coast, looked to have been there for MANY years. I wish he had cut that section out and saved it. I can come up with a plausible story for the shotgun, but how'd that carb end up there?

the carb was about 8' up it the crotch of a cherry tree that i cut down last fall. the tree was next to the barn!! i'll try to get the #'s off it and maybe we can figure out what it might have come off of. i think it's a weber 2bbl!!

Be careful with the rest of that tree where there's a carb there's bound to be a gas tank!

That's not a Quadrajet. Had gooduns and baduns.

That one in the tree was a badun . . .

Could be a Weber but I am going to throw out that its a Carter 2 barrel, Looks like one I used to work on.

MMaul said:
Could be a Weber but I am going to throw out that its a Carter 2 barrel, Looks like one I used to work on.

I guess a rodchester 4 barrel...but just a guess

I would be nice to find out what it is, and maybe what it came off of.

it has a big GM stamp followed by rochester 2 JET. "1/2 a quadrajet ?" i little elbow grease yeilded cast #'s on the bottom 1/2 of the carb are 7044114 and 2643cm1. it looks alot like the rochester carb that is on my boat. my guess is that it came off an early 80's GM 2.5. just a guess.

They also put that Rochester on the 283 v8. Probably like most the choke broke off.

I know a guy who found a cannon ball in an oak once. It was shot in anger at indians of our area.

Another guy, who runds a saw shop, finds pitch forks, metal fence posts, spikes and the like in trees all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.