One Load of Beech

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
I cut this last year (blowdown) had it with some other wood but never split it, split it tonight and put it in this years wood. I'll put the moisture meter on it tomorrow then check it in a month.

When it comes time to burn if it's not ready then we will move to another stack.

zap

Attachments

• 100_3514.jpg
    100_3514.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 368
  • 100_3515.jpg
    100_3515.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 384
Zap third split from the right fourth row up looks just a bit longer than all the rest. :smirk: Looks good i always like the looks of stacks with seasoned and unseasoned wood together

ohio woodburner said:
Zap third split from the right fourth row up looks just a bit longer than all the rest. :smirk: Looks good i always like the looks of stacks with seasoned and unseasoned wood together

I'll take care of that. I'm thinking it will come in between 18-22 percent.

zap

Lookin' good again Zap. Has it started to cool off up your way yet? 98 here again today. :-S One report says 88 with 30% chance of thunderstorms on Thursday,we can use the rain now.

Thistle said:
Lookin' good again Zap. Has it started to cool off up your way yet? 98 here again today. :-S One report says 88 with 30% chance of thunderstorms on Thursday,we can use the rain now.

Thistle it cooled off last night, tomorrow it will be 90 with the humidity at 55. We did get some hard rains two nights this week starting on Sunday.

Tomorrow I will be putting on the aux. oiler and hopefully getting the Grinder placed on the work bench, it will be to hot for working outside.

zap

Looking good as always Zap! Every time I read one of your threads I feel lazy....LOL :lol:
I had a friend call me and ask if I wanted a tree he was going to drop and I told him there is no way I am picking up a chainsaw in 95° weather.
Luckily he told I can get it this fall ro whenever it cools off.

zapny said:
Thistle said:

Thistle it cooled off last night, tomorrow it will be 90 with the humidity at 55. We did get some hard rains two nights this week starting on Sunday.

Tomorrow I will be putting on the aux. oiler and hopefully getting the Grinder placed on the work bench, it will be to hot for working outside.

zap

I hear ya. Didnt do much outside today myself & that was before 10AM.

Thistle said:
zapny said:
Thistle said:

zap

98 here today! One personal load done here today. ;-)

smokinjay said:
Thistle said:
zapny said:
Thistle said:

zap

That is hot, low of 59 here tonight.

zap

zapny said:
smokinjay said:
Thistle said:
zapny said:
Thistle said:

zap

That is hot, low of 59 here tonight.

zap

79 here.....good for the garden if you can water, but anything out side is very slow.

certified106 said:
Looking good as always Zap! Every time I read one of your threads I feel lazy....LOL :lol:
I had a friend call me and ask if I wanted a tree he was going to drop and I told him there is no way I am picking up a chainsaw in 95° weather.
Luckily he told I can get it this fall ro whenever it cools off.

certified106, it was out the back door and the big ole pines on the northside offered some shade. I don't blame you on waiting, it's just to hot and muggy.

zap

zapny said:
That is hot, low of 59 here tonight. zap

Nice load of beech you have there, with your weather it may well dry before fall

Only max of 62 today here, plus rain all day.

Spent an hour chopping some kindling in the garage and ended up burning some this evening to warm up ;-)

90 and close to 100 with the heat index when I did my four mile run this morning. I agree with certified, no way am I picking up a chainsaw or starting the splitter.

fv

Memorial Day to Labor Day is my "off season" for wood work. Too hot and plenty of other outdoor activities to do.

Nice splitting rig Zap. Beautiful lot too...

woodchip said:
zapny said:
That is hot, low of 59 here tonight. zap

Nice load of beech you have there, with your weather it may well dry before fall

Only max of 62 today here, plus rain all day.

Spent an hour chopping some kindling in the garage and ended up burning some this evening to warm up ;-)

woodchip, send some of that weather this way. I think the beech will be ready for burning this year even if we get a cooler August.

zap

Got Wood said:
Memorial Day to Labor Day is my "off season" for wood work. Too hot and plenty of other outdoor activities to do.

Sold some wood this year so I hope that what I cut is enough that it replaces it. I'll be happy if what I have unsplit is about three cord.

zap

fireview2788 said:
90 and close to 100 with the heat index when I did my four mile run this morning. I agree with certified, no way am I picking up a chainsaw or starting the splitter.

fv

When this cools off some the plan during the week is split & stack some and take one day on the weekend for some milling then some hours in the boat.

zap

Jutt77 said:

Jutt77 thanks, the splitter is a beast and glad we bought it. Don't tell Sav but I actually split this Beech horizontal.

zap

zapny said:
Jutt77 said:

Jutt77 thanks, the splitter is a beast and glad we bought it. Don't tell Sav but I actually split this Beech horizontal.

zap

OMG!!!!

Zap, I'll have to say an extra prayer for you now. Don't worry; there is help and you might make it okay yet.

zapny said:
Jutt77 said:

zap

Join me and the Dark Side Young Zapny and together we will rule the wood burning universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.