Only a few reviews

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JRB1

Oct 26, 2010
KY
Hello everyone,

My wife and I are are building and are putting a stove in the house. We are not familar with woodstoves. I was thinking a Buck stove but a Nepoleon was recommened to me. On looks the 1600c is winning. My question is: are there any major improvements with thier pedestal stoves. My wife likes the 1600c, so thats probably the stove.

A few details: 2000 sq ft, in the center of the LR, Kit, DR. KY weather(ie constantly changing). Mostly secondary and backup heating.

If the question has been answered do you have the link?

Thanks!

JRB1 said:
Hello everyone,

My wife and I are are building and are putting a stove in the house. We are not familar with woodstoves. I was thinking a Buck stove but a Nepoleon was recommened to me. On looks the 1600c is winning. My question is: are there any major improvements with thier pedestal stoves. My wife likes the 1600c, so thats probably the stove.

A few details: 2000 sq ft, in the center of the LR, Kit, DR. KY weather(ie constantly changing). Mostly secondary and backup heating.

If the question has been answered do you have the link?

Thanks!

The 1600 seems a bit undersized for your needs.

X2 - I remember seeing one of those at my local dealer and the fire box is a really inconvenient size, no NS loading. He said they sold a couple of those as "furniture pieces" to ppl not really interested in heating much more than a single room. Napoleon make great stoves IMHO. The Nap 1900s are nice and big and can be dressed up with enamel heat shields and other goodies if it's looks AND performance you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.