opinions for boiler tw2000 boiler from kerr

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

101x81

Jan 13, 2010
quebec
hi everybody

i like this forum, very helpfull and good to see so many peoples interrested in boilers.

did someone have the highlander tw 2000 boiler and what you think about it.
i have one and not very happy, take lots of wood for the heat that produce.

thank in avance

wood eater

I had one for two years and sold it and bought a Solo 40. Like you said it is a wood monster. I burned around ten cords both years, but I am in interior Alaska. I burned fire killed pine and it created a lot of creasote, so I cleaned the stack every month. Sold it to my brother-in-law and he loves it. Paid $3700 for it, not sure what they are going for now. DC

I just installed one this year. It's an add-on to my oil burner. I find it works great once I got the hang of it. I'm using about a cord of birch a month. Runs at around 160-180 degrees. My house is approx 1400 square feet, with 4 zones. I paid $2200 for it.

thanks

i think about buying a solo 40 also, i have a 1200 sq feet house and a 1500 sq feet garage, all hydronic heated.
burning sugar maple i still go trought 10 cords a year with the tw2000. half the wood go normally before chrismas.

thanks

wood eater, but tired to carry so much wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.