Opinions on flat panel wall mounted electric heaterto supplement wood insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MeLikeUmFire

Sep 17, 2009
Lapeer, Michigan
Wanting to put some type of a heater in my 2 year olds room (144 sq ft) because @ night I have to close her door and it get too cold in her room...but want to be safe about it. I looked at oil filled radiators, but am leary if at night my daughter gets up and possibly puts something on top of it (ie blanket). Found this wall mounted panel heater on line. What do you think? http://www.eco-heater.com/index.html They claim it can heat the room(120 sq ft) with 400 watts @ 3.3 amps. What about Micathermal wall mounted panel heaters, or the wall vents that have a fan in them. I am trying to stay away from anything with a fan to decrease on electricity. Thx

I have a couple of these in my unheated kitchen extension and I like them. Can't tell you for sure whether one of these alone would heat your son's room to a comfortable temperature, since my house is mostly open on the first floor, so mine only serve to keep the chill off. But I've found everything else the company says about the product and the way it works has turned out to be true, so if they say it'll heat X square feet (in a closed room), it probably wil.

You do need to put it low on an empty wall space to get the most out of it, which isn't very convenient. It gets hot when it's been on for a while, but not enough to actually burn you from a brief touch, so no need to worry about a hazard to your child. It's hot enough to make you pull your hand away if you blunder into it, but not hot enough to actually hurt.

Since they're not terribly expensive, I'd say it's definitely worth trying. (You can also get a plug-in thermostat for the units for I think about $35.)

Status
Not open for further replies.