Opinions on installing block off plate or not

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
on the quote he has Duravent 6" Double walled stainless insulated liner and elsewhere he specifies a 0 clearance liner. I also remember him saying its a rigid liner.
Is that a good liner system?
Hogwildz installed that liner. it's fine for your application.

Unfortunately they weren't in good working order when we bought the place. Most were painted shut over the years.
I have been slowing taking them apart and getting them working again one by one. I still have 12 more to do. I got a quote on new windows that matched the current ones, just insulated glass. It was around $30,000 and so I instantly became a huge fan of getting storms instead. haha

Good! Removing old windows from a house is like tearing out its soul. I've never lived in a house as new as yours, are they wavy?

Watch the lead paint, especially if you have kids! Scraping chips is fine, but avoid making dust. No sanding indoors! Encapsulation is the name of the game, here.

Reactions: bholler
on the quote he has Duravent 6" Double walled stainless insulated liner and elsewhere he specifies a 0 clearance liner. I also remember him saying its a rigid liner.
Is that a good liner system?
Great liner system. I installed it in 2006, and still like new. Easy to clean, sturdy, and flows well. Good choice.