Opinions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

GENECOP

Minister of Fire
Jan 31, 2014
Ny
Can someone who knows more than me check this guys build out. It’s very well done but if the power goes out, couldn’t pressure build in the water tank and cause problems? I asked the builder, he said no it’s not a problem, I would just like another opinion.
I love the design, I have never seen anything exactly like it, It just concerned me a little..

Can someone who knows more than me check this guys build out. It’s very well done but if the power goes out, couldn’t pressure build in the water tank and cause problems? I asked the builder, he said no it’s not a problem, I would just like another opinion.
I love the design, I have never seen anything exactly like it, It just concerned me a little..

Yes it is extremely dangerous. Unless there is a pop off valve hidden there somewhere. Also those look like standard supply lines not meant for those temps.

Reactions: GENECOP
Those lines will be fine, they are braided stainless automotive lines, they will handle way more pressure and heat than he could throw at it, if the next part were followed, the biggest issue I see is no Relief valve. That is a big bad waiting to happen, if that was there those lines would be golden, they will handle upwards of 300 plus psi and over that for temp, they are used for oil lines in lots of High performance applications.

I am thinking that cube on top is the fill?(open system?) I was wonder if it was an open system also.

@FixedGearFlyer I believe you are correct, in that case it would not be a big deal, might make a heck of steam cloud and burp some really hot water out but at least its not a bomb waiting to go off.

@FixedGearFlyer I believe you are correct, in that case it would not be a big deal, might make a heck of steam cloud and burp some really hot water out but at least its not a bomb waiting to go off.

I'm guessing that you tagged me in error. If not, please don't listen to any advice I may offer on steam or boiler systems. I have no idea what I'm talking about. ;lol

I think efficiency would be pretty low.

Those lines will be fine, they are braided stainless automotive lines, they will handle way more pressure and heat than he could throw at it, if the next part were followed, the biggest issue I see is no Relief valve. That is a big bad waiting to happen, if that was there those lines would be golden, they will handle upwards of 300 plus psi and over that for temp, they are used for oil lines in lots of High performance applications.
Are they automotive lines or just plumbing supply lines? If they are automotive lines you are absolutely correct.

Agreed something like a Blaze king. Also I think it would perform "better" if the pump was taking water from the bottom of the tank, circulating it and returning to the top of the tank.

I'm guessing that you tagged me in error. If not, please don't listen to any advice I may offer on steam or boiler systems. I have no idea what I'm talking about. ;lol
Yes I did I apologize, was getting posts mixed up trying to read them reply and do warranty training via zoom all at the same time, lol

Reactions: mark cline