Opinons Please... Enviro Empress or St Croix Hastings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

janvankan

Oct 31, 2011
Northern CA
Hi all! I'm looking to get my first pellet stove to heat a downstairs bonus room (converted garage) I have narrowed it down to the Enviro Empress or the St Croix Hastings. The store that carries them both hands down recommends the Enviro. He said they have only carried the St Croix for about a year and in that time have had repair issues and haven't been very happy with the company while they rarely have problems reported with the Enviro. When I look online though at customer reviews, the opposite seems to be true. There is about a $700 price difference. Can anyone out there speak to these two brands? or either of these brands? I'm so confused!!!
Thanks!

This would be better off in the Pellet Mill. One of the Mods should move it shortly....

The st croix will be a bit noisy but over a 10 year run will be cheaper in repairs. The enviro is very quiet but has high replacement part costs. The enviro is made in canada and there is one company that can sell parts so by the time your dealer gets the parts your paying 300 for a blower. The st croix will be around 200. Once you learn the st croix it will treat you well. Rember to clean the back wall and you'll be ok. Also st croix kinda soaked the dealers by not honoring the warranty so when we go out and replace a part the company doesn't pay for it it and the dealer eats the cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.