Ordered my Enviro M55 Cast Yesterday

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eatonpcat

Minister of Fire
Jul 24, 2011
Eaton Township, Ohio
Can't turn back now...As far as pellets go, Anyone ever use pro-pellets??? $259 a ton, seems very expensive!! Any thoughts??

Thanks in advance for the free knowledge!!

Congrats on the new stove! I just bought the same stove, cant wait to get it going.

Unfortunately, I dont know enough about pellets yet to answer your question. I'm sure some more experienced members will chime in tough.

That M55 is a great looking stove, I'm looking to get one next year, I have a Quad Castile insert here for the past 3 years but want to change over to the Enviro, they make a nice unit.

Dont know that much about the different pellets but $259 a ton sure sounds like a lot to me. I get my pellets out in Middlefield at a very reasonable price. I've been using Country Boy hardwood for a few years now and they burn clean, and hot for a lot less money.

Thanks for the replies...

Nicholas, Where in Middlefield and how much per ton (I will have to figure in the cost of my time and gas to compare)???

Eatonpcat said:
Can't turn back now...As far as pellets go, Anyone ever use pro-pellets??? $259 a ton, seems very expensive!! Any thoughts??

I bought a ton of stove chow at home depot for $177 after the 10% discount. I only plan on using the chow for the shoulder season and picking up a ton of Vermont's for $265 to use during the coldest months.

How much did you pay for your M55 if you don't mind me asking? I have the exact same one and I just paid $3k for the stove and an extra thousand for installation, piping, etc.

You can see my stove and install here: https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/79237/

$3k is a real good price.

I just bought a M55 steel FS for $3500.00 Gonna Burn corn this fall, Pointe Spruce during winter and Box store cheapos in the spring.

JBiBBs5 said:
Eatonpcat said:

I bought a ton of stove chow at home depot for $177 after the 10% discount. I only plan on using the chow for the shoulder season and picking up a ton of Vermont's for $265 to use during the coldest months.

How much did you pay for your M55 if you don't mind me asking? I have the exact same one and I just paid $3k for the stove and an extra thousand for installation, piping, etc.

You can see my stove and install here: https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/79237/

That's a beautiful room you have there, gotta find a way to tuck the power cord away though!!

I must have really gotten screwed on mine, I paid $4000.00 for the stove (Mine is an insert), and about a grand for the install and pipe.

Got a lot of great info from the guys on this site, and I hope I made the correct decision. Special thanks to DexterDay, He was very helpful with his PM"S!!

Eatonpcat said:
JBiBBs5 said:
Eatonpcat said:

That's a beautiful room you have there, gotta find a way to tuck the power cord away though!!

I must have really gotten screwed on mine, I paid $4000.00 for the stove (Mine is an insert), and about a grand for the install and pipe.

Got a lot of great info from the guys on this site, and I hope I made the correct decision. Special thanks to DexterDay, He was very helpful with his PM"S!!

You did alright - list is $4,150.00

Eatonpcat said:
JBiBBs5 said:
Eatonpcat said:

Thanks. I plan on putting a brush plate on the wall behind the stove to the left. I'll run the power cord through there similar to how you would hide wires on a wall hung tv.

pelletdude said:
Eatonpcat said:
JBiBBs5 said:
Eatonpcat said:

But JBiBBs only paid 75% of the cost of mine!! Thus, I feel I got screwed.

Eatonpcat said:
pelletdude said:
Eatonpcat said:
JBiBBs5 said:
Eatonpcat said:

He got a hellava good deal.

But JBiBBs only paid 75% of the cost of mine!! Thus, I feel I got screwed.

I know that Papa's in CT also sells them for $3K and another local dealer quoted me at $3500. They might just be more expensive in the mid-west.

JBiBBs5 said:
I know that Papa's in CT also sells them for $3K and another local dealer quoted me at $3500. They might just be more expensive in the mid-west.

Papa's online price is $3441.00 still quite a bit less than I paid (Oh well, still cheaper than heating with $3.00/Gallon LP)

yeah sounds a tad high just ordered mine; stove, liner and taxes(13%) $3861.55 CAD. That is for the insert and maybe they're cheaper in Canada since they're not imported? But like you said you'll make up that difference in a month or 2 off your propane bill.

Like the pro pellets, good heat ... around here they are 179 a ton.

Eric at Kinsman Stoves in Brookfield, OH sells ProPellets....give him a call if you're near him.

He is a forum member too ("Kinsman Stoves")

330-448-0300

imacman said:
Eric at Kinsman Stoves in Brookfield, OH sells ProPellets....give him a call if you're near him.

He is a forum member too ("Kinsman Stoves")

330-448-0300

Thanks, He's about an hour to an hour and a half away from me. Probably lose any savings in gas money for the truck. "DexterDay' also pointed me in the direction of Eric. Are you from Ohio Imacman??

Eatonpcat said:

Good burning pellet. Good heat. Low ash.

Did you get the M55 from Heat Exchange (BTW- the day I spoke with you, I stopped up there and dropped almost $200!! I just went in to LOOK!) I stopped to see if they had it running yet. Which they didnt... I am pretty stumped on getting either the M-55 steel, Maxx-M, or Englander 10-CPM. Next year the Quad will be gone and a multi fueler will be on the pad.

Cant wait for the pics. Exciting isnt it!!!!

My buddy is going to C & C tomorrow to pick up 3 tons of Easy Heats @ $210/ton. My Father may go in with him and get 2 himself, if they will cut a multi ton discount.

Did you try Capell's Hearth and Leisure? Have not spoke with them in awhile. But they are either selling or closing by the New Year.

DexterDay said:
Eatonpcat said:

Good burning pellet. Good heat. Low ash.

Did you get the M55 from Heat Exchange (BTW- the day I spoke with you, I stopped up there and dropped almost $200!! I just went in to LOOK!) I stopped to see if they had it running yet. Which they didnt... I am pretty stumped on getting either the M-55 steel, Maxx-M, or Englander 10-CPM. Next year the Quad will be gone and a multi fueler will be on the pad.

Cant wait for the pics. Exciting isnt it!!!!

My buddy is going to C & C tomorrow to pick up 3 tons of Easy Heats @ $210/ton. My Father may go in with him and get 2 himself, if they will cut a multi ton discount.

Did you try Capell's Hearth and Leisure? Have not spoke with them in awhile. But they are either selling or closing by the New Year.

Yes...We purchased at the Heat Exchange...$200.00 In there, What did you get...two bags of pellets LOL?? They are very expensive, But I'm hoping the customer service will make up for it!

We went to Capell's first (Bought a mower there 15 years ago) and priced a Quad Mt Vernon. Probably would have bought from them, But we got a much lower quote for the same at Northfield Fireplace shop. Had a deal with them, But Bill (salesman), dropped the ball and the deal fell through. Decided I liked the M55 better and here we are.

It is exciting, I'm trying to keep my expectations low and hoping the stove exceeds them greatly. I will post pictures once the install is complete.

Pretty sure you are going to be extremely pleased with that unit. As long ss your not trying to heat a Mansion, you should have good results. The key factor in whole house heating with a pellet stove (space heater) is moving the heated air, throughout your home.

Congrats on the purchase...

I bought a kindling rack, trivet, steamer, and some Fatwood. All items for the woodstove. Yes. They are very pricey there. But really nice people/staff.

We use to burn Propellets. They are pretty good. We got them from our dealer in Norwalk for $220 a ton. As of 2 weeks ago, that was still his price. We prefer Somersets and get them from Wellington Farm and Home. Not sure what their current price is. About a month ago, we paid $225 for the Somersets.

melkyleb2002 said:
We use to burn Propellets. They are pretty good. We got them from our dealer in Norwalk for $220 a ton. As of 2 weeks ago, that was still his price. We prefer Somersets and get them from Wellington Farm and Home. Not sure what their current price is. About a month ago, we paid $225 for the Somersets.

Yep. $220-$225 at Farm and Home.

Status
Not open for further replies.