Oregon 16" Pro-Lite Bar

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

KenLockett

Minister of Fire
Dec 27, 2011
Eastern Upstate NY
IMG_6503.JPG

Hey guys bought a 16" Oregon Pro-Lite Bar off of Amazon. Received what you see in the photo. My question is does anyone know if this is a discontinued or older model of the Pro-Lite Bar. It is not the same graphic on the bar as on the website and their is a Pro 91 version of a bar that may or may not be the same bar as the Pro-Lite although on the Oregon website selection tool this bar graphic does not appear for the Pro-Lite model. I searched Pro-91 on web and saw CSP Forestry list a Pro 91 model that looks like this graphic although theirs has Made in the USA text in red below the Pro-91 symbol. Bottom line wondering if this is a discontinued bar, an older bar being sold as new, or maybe even a knock off. Thanks

I dunno for sure but could be Oregon is just changing graphics. The bar data will be near the stud slot. See if it says 160SPEA041. That's a Pro Lite bar. Whether the bar graphic states Pro Lite or Pro 91 is immaterial. 91 just means 3/8LP .050 or picco in Stihl speak.

Reactions: Dairyman
That looks like the right bar but I'm not sure why they call it "Pro-Lite" because it weighs more than the standard Stihl Rollomatic in the same size!

Oregon is doing some rebranding as they roll out there new speedcut line. That's just the new graphics on the 91 pro-lite.

Reactions: dougand3