Oregon Power sharp

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this too and watched the video's. Sounds interesting and worth a try, but I don't think anyone here has jumped at it. We all are used to doing the filing in the field and it doesn't take a more than a minute to do while you top off the oil and gas and files are cheap.

This power sharp requires the new bar, chain, and attachment. Plus the chain and stones only have a certain amount of life to them. If you try it, please post your results. I also wouldn't want that on the tip of my bar while I was cutting.

http://www.powersharp.com/default.asp

This is a better link.

The cost per sharpening will be very hi.....With that said a home owner just working around the yard would be good to go for years. (very light cutting)

I just file my own. I've never paid to get a chain sharpened. A $2 file lasts a very long time and a filed chain lasts longer than a ground one.

LLigetfa said:
I just file my own. I've never paid to get a chain sharpened. A $2 file lasts a very long time and a filed chain lasts longer than a ground one.

+1 Only time I've had chains ground at a shop is when I wanted certain specs,like ripping chain.

Status
Not open for further replies.