Original Mount Vernon Top Baffle Removal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BachJeremiah

Aug 29, 2019
Upstate NY
I've got an original model Quadra Fire Mount Vernon stove I bought used. Built a hearth pad, installed it, and have been running it for a few weeks now. Just added a Lux Geo digital programmable thermostat for maximum efficiency. Absolutely love the ambiance and the heat this thing puts out. I've got a bit of a noisy combustion fan but am going to take it out and try oiling it up and cleaning it out well, and also will order a spare to have on hand. My question is in regards to cleaning the stove. The owner's manual I printed detailed taking out the top baffle to clean the heat exchangers. It illustrates a 5/32 hex bolt that needs to be removed in order to take out the top baffle. My stove absolutely doesn't have a hex bolt in the top and I'm not sure how to remove the top baffle at that point. It can be moved slightly back and forth or side to side but I can't tell how it's supposed to come out. A
IMG_20191112_201803067_HDR.jpg
ny pointers? Thank you in advance for any insight.

There are screws in th back plate I believe. It’s a pain to get all those pieces out but you need to take the back, sides and top out. I can’t remember the correct order but I think once you take the two screws on the back out it all starts coming. When you put them back in, be sure to use some high temp antisieze