Ornery wife home again

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Savage

Minister of Fire
Feb 14, 2007
Michigan
Hey, two days after knee surgery she is home again! Now I won't have to spend a couple hours each day driving nor will I have to sit in the hospital. Maybe I can get some work done. First order of business is to try to straighten out my computer. I keep losing the Internet. It appeared to be fixed but suddenly it is screwing up again. Well, then I hope to cut just a little bit more wood and then start the splitting. Then comes the stacking. Then the list just goes on and on.

But the good part is we are together again, as we should and need to be. We'll work together to try to get her back in shape before spring planting time. We are both happy and we both say "Thank You," to everyone on this forum. This is a terrific place with some wonderful people.

Good news
Allot less stress now & you can do some fun work :)

Backwoods Savage said:
Hey, two days after knee surgery she is home again! Now I won't have to spend a couple hours each day driving nor will I have to sit in the hospital. Maybe I can get some work done. First order of business is to try to straighten out my computer. I keep losing the Internet. It appeared to be fixed but suddenly it is screwing up again. Well, then I hope to cut just a little bit more wood and then start the splitting. Then comes the stacking. Then the list just goes on and on.

But the good part is we are together again, as we should and need to be. We'll work together to try to get her back in shape before spring planting time. We are both happy and we both say "Thank You," to everyone on this forum. This is a terrific place with some wonderful people.

Good to hear Sav, nothing like being home.

zap

Awesome !! The snuffles work again :)

Does J need someone coming in with one of those knee machines? Or are those passe, now?

Hoo-Ray! Now, keep up with the therapy. It's always better at home. Glad you got her home before you got the snow, right?

By the way, just how does that bicycle handle in the snow??? Do you ride tandem or do you have a trailer for the ornery one? Oops, I forgot-those are kinda dumb questions, aren't they? You have that atv to pick her up with! JK!

Thats great news Dennis! Now she can watch the deer in the snow from the comfort of home.

Pete

Glad to hear you both reside under the same roof again. No fun sleeping single in a double bed.

Great new Dennis! She'll be back to cutting, splitting and stacking your wood in no time! :lol:

Glad to hear Dennis. Take good care of her, and don't over do it your self. Be well

Great news Dennis. Were you able to beat the snow? Looked like you guys were getting it last night before it started here.
Big sigh of relief when a loved one comes home.

Great news. Glad to hear she is home. Prayers for a speedy recovery!

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
Awesome !! The snuffles work again :)

Does J need someone coming in with one of those knee machines? Or are those passe, now?

Someone was supposed to come in today but we've not heard a thing from them. I got a call right after we got home yesterday verifying she was home. Said I'd get another call from the PT to set up the time for today. It's now after 3:00 so I doubt anyone will come until Monday.

She is really doing good though Eileen. She is up. Done her exercises and it is like she has a spring in her bottom as she can't seem to sit still. Have to be up doing something.... Can't hold her down.

yooperdave said:
Hoo-Ray! Now, keep up with the therapy. It's always better at home. Glad you got her home before you got the snow, right?

By the way, just how does that bicycle handle in the snow??? Do you ride tandem or do you have a trailer for the ornery one? Oops, I forgot-those are kinda dumb questions, aren't they? You have that atv to pick her up with! JK!

Bike riding is done indoors this time of the year. I took hers out into the barn though as she won't need it for a while. I talked to someone in TN yesterday and they said it was 70 there. Maybe I need to load up the bike and head south?!

It really is good to have her home again. Also glad we got home before the snow hit. Dave asked and we got about 5" or so. So this morning some time was spent plowing our driveway and the neighbor's too. Several neighbor's have me shove around their snow. Tis okay as I don't mind at all unless it is really cold, which it is not. 32 degrees right now.

It worked out really well too because shortly after she got home 2 deer came into the yard. Then she laid down for a while and when she got back up there were 8 or 9 deer out here. You should have seen the smile on her face. She loves it! So do I. In fact, the deer tend to look right at one window in particular and that is the window she usually stands at to watch the deer. She just laid back down just now and told me to holler at her in an hour because the deer would be coming back.

I also found out this morning that she got up during the night and even turned the computer on to play a couple games of solitare. I never knew she even got up so I guess I must have really slept well but it is good to know she can get up if she needs to.

EDIT: I forgot to add, I saw her walk from the table to the sink....without the walker. Not really a good thing yet but it shows her determination and also shows how well she is healing.

Gary, we had 3 bucks chasing does about a month ago and I haven't seen a buck since except for a couple little button bucks. I have seen bucks with antlers in late March before though.

Very good news Dennis . . . if there was a "Like" button I would have clicked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.