Osburn 1800 insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

johnsopi

Minister of Fire
Nov 1, 2006
MD near DE&PA;
Osbone 1800 insert 1st season with it. does not put out much heat as in I thought it would.The wood is seasoned oak and hickory.I dont know where the heat going, up the chimney?

Osbone 1800 insert 1st season with it. does not put out much heat as in I thought it would.The wood is seasoned oak and hickory.I dont know where the heat going, up the chimney?
Well first off how is it installed? Does it have a block off plate around the liner going up the chimney? Next when you say your wood is seasoned how do you know that? Did you test it with a moisture meter? Then explain your typical burning procedure.

Do you have a thermometer on the stove?

My Osburn 1800 insert heats both floors of my 2,300 sqft colonial. What temps are you running your stove? If you don't have one Id recommend getting a magnetic wood burning stove thermometer or an IR. When you get the chance list your install specs... block off plate.. insulation etc...
It took me several burns to get used to the 1800i and once I figured out how it runs It's been the best stove I've ever had.

My Drolet 1400i does pretty well...and the 1800i is about 25% larger...I think the Osburn is just a fancied up version of the Drolet

First time wood burner. Ordered the Osburn 1800 today from Tate’s bld supply in Cincinnati Ohio. I’m installing this unit in a old gas fire place one the first leve. As my wife and I live in a split level home about 2400sq/ft. Any help as getting started to much be Appreciated.