Osburn Matrix Door adjustment?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

acritzer

May 10, 2018
Cincinnati, OH
Super frustrated right now. I opened the door wide to clean the glass. Unbeknownst to me the door is basically free on the hinge. It slid down some and know the handle pin hits the frame and it doesn’t close. Trying to get it back in place is nearly impossible as there is no way to lock it in place.

Any suggestions? Certainly this can’t be the actual intended design?

What stove/fireplace?

Whew. Never mind. I figured it out. It’s an Osburn Matrix 2700. The pin for the hinge can rotate a bit, it had done so and threw the door out of alignment.

I was able to tighten it up with an Allen wrench. Now it’s all good.

Thanks.

Reactions: NickW
Try propping something sturdy under the door to hold it up in the correct position. It could allow you to clean the glass without causing any further damage.

Depending on the type of changes your door has, it might be possible to adjust them to realign the door.
If you're uncomfortable doing this yourself, it might be worth contacting a professional to take a look. They should be able to assess the situation and give you options for fixing the problem.

Depending on the type of hinges your door has, it might be possible to adjust them to realign the door.
If you're uncomfortable doing this yourself, it might be worth contacting a professional to take a look. They should be able to assess the situation and give you options for fixing the problem.
In terms of replacement options, I found a website called https://doorsdirect2u.co.uk/product-category/french-doors/ that has a category specifically for French doors. They have a variety of options available, including different types of hinges. It might be worth checking out their selection to see if anything would work better for your situation.
And also, like any modern person, read the reviews to be convinced! Good luck!