Oslo in action

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ansehnlich1

Retired Hearth.com Member
Dec 5, 2006
Adams County, PA
pa%20house%20003.jpg
re of business. I loaded it with mostly ash, along with two small rounds of apple, took the pics just a couple minutes after loading.

First, since it's pouring rain here, thought I'd venture out to the porch and show you the stash....

first is a rack of hardwood, then the "evil outside chimney" that works simply marvelous, then a blue woodbox full of apple, then the boxelder stack.

pa%20house%20001.jpg
d the stove....

pa%20house%20002.jpg
g]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_lV2vXqC4TKI/STNEhmNcrrI/AAAAAAAAAS8/8xCqK3tUrY8/s512/pa house 003.jpg[/img]

by the way, with all the confusion on ceiling fans, set 'em to blow up, or down, or up, or down, I got so freakin' flabbergasted I have one set each way :)

Uh, I apologize mods, I meant to post this in the pics forum, my bad....must be old age? could it? at 49? NAH, no way!

I think that is an absolutely fabulous set-up. I can tell that you spent a lot of time planning. I like your idea on the fans! If you don't mind experiment a little. Let us know if that works better than having both run the same direction. By the way I have the same stove and I love it! :)

That's a nice setup you have there.
I'm not a big fan of Boxelder, but I love Apple.
It burns very well and has the best aroma of any wood I can think of.

Woodford said:
I'm not a big fan of Boxelder, but I love Apple.

The boxelder was free wood, I've been clearing it off my land, and had another piece of property where 5 or 6 pretty big ones had to be removed for placement of a billoard type sign. Anyway, I cut 'em up, split 'em, and just about have it all burned.

Boxelder burns fast and definitely doesn't smell good when it burns.

Looks like your ready for Bear!

smokinj said:
Looks like your ready for Bear!

. . . or perhaps read for Beer! :) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.