Out door cooking

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remmy122

Jan 7, 2011
East NC
I dont know if any of you follow blog, but this is one that I have found and think its great!

http://cowgirlscountry.blogpot.com/

Its a cooking blog but goes a lot more in-depth than recipes. She shows step by step how she built a cold smoke house, smoker out of a 55 gallon barrel, etc... etc...

If you have a moment (or stuck sitting at desk at work like me) I suggest taking a few moments to look at her blog. A lot of great info and even better recipes!

Think you put the wrong link here Rem.

pen

Praise the Lord and pass the potatoes. :lol:

I started making my own bacon a few years back and found her advice on smokingmeatforums and made my way to her blog. Great recipes to be found there.

dvellone said:
I started making my own bacon a few years back and found her advice on smokingmeatforums and made my way to her blog. Great recipes to be found there.

I started researching making bacon and came across her site too. I really enjoy the variety of foodss that she deals with. Smoking foods is one of my passions and last year the wife let me upgrade to a much larger smoker. With it I can easily fit 12 chickens in it, 16 with careful tying and positioning.

Aww man, you had to bring up smoking. Now I am going to be distracted all day planning my next run. So much for productivity. All of my buddies that helped me move recently are getting a bird.

one of my favorite parts of her blog are that she details every thing step by step with photos, makes the first run fool proof (almost)

Status
Not open for further replies.