Outdoor Forced Air Furnace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

laynes69

Minister of Fire
Oct 2, 2006
Ashland OH
I've been seeing these things pop up here and there. Its only a matter of time that they will be regulated next. Anyhow I watched this video and was curious about wood consumption. According to the owner, its only 2 years old and looks horrible. On top of that the ductwork entering the home isn't insulated. Claims only to have used 2 cords, and replaced 2,500 in LP, Yeah right. First video I have seen of these units and not impressed the least bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJY9bxRK90g

I have seen only one stove like this (hot air). That man liked his quite well, but he had two things going for him;
1. His garage was 4' away from his house, and that was the location of the stove and,
2. He was an arborist, thus providing all kinds of free wood.
He didn't say how much wood he used, only that he liked it, but he's a pretty easy going guy.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.