Outlet Under Fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mkstretch

Mar 26, 2021
Ny
I have an outlet under my fireplace with two plugs. One is labeled remote, and one fan. I am wondering if I have to use them only for what they are labele. I only have a remote control right now. I am going to be hooking up a smart relay that I will plug into the remote outlet, but I wanted to plug my remote box into the fan plug so I can still have use it. Thanks

I have an outlet under my fireplace with two plugs. One is labeled remote, and one fan. I am wondering if I have to use them only for what they are labele. I only have a remote control right now. I am going to be hooking up a smart relay that I will plug into the remote outlet, but I wanted to plug my remote box into the fan plug so I can still have use it. Thanks
On the HeatnGlo fireplaces that I install, the outlet marked "Fan" does not have a constant feed of 110 volt power. The power is only delivered if a thermal switch is attached or if a jumper wire is used on the two spade connectors directly below the outlet. The outlet marked "Remote" does have a constant feed.

Reactions: DAKSY