outside temperature question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually when it starts dropping below 40... tonight for example.

I did my break-in the other night with 45 F outside temps and things seemed to work well. I didn't burn all night though.

I set my at a temperature I want it to come on, when the temperature drops to this level it comes on. As the Mt Vernon is programed to start and stop when it has dropped to a pre-programed temp. It has been down in the low 20's here it comes on when it needs too.

I set my programmable t'stat to have the stove come on at 67 degrees to take the chill off, and as the weather gets colder, I'll raise the temp.....it's been running on and off for the past 3-4 days.

When it is below 87 I have my stove running. My family hates a chill so we have a stove or two running in the house.

Eric
kinsmanstovesllc on yahoo

kinsman stoves said:
When it is below 87 I have my stove running. My family hates a chill so we have a stove or two running in the house.

Eric

87??? YIKES!! :ahhh: Eric, is that for real, or a typo? Man, that is HOT!!!!

Low 40's with wind and she gets fired up. If the days
go up to 60 I'll let the stove pilot on the lowest
setting just because I'd rather not have it turn
off/on so much. Been running 24/7 now for
5 days like this.

macman said:
kinsman stoves said:

Eric

No typo. We like it HOT! Burn them if you got them.

Eric

kinsman stoves said:
macman said:
kinsman stoves said:

Eric

No typo. We like it HOT! Burn them if you got them.

Eric
You must be running a nudist camp or something. 87? Holy cow, sounds like someone gets really good deals on pellets. When it snows, does any stick to the outsde of your house?

bungalobob said:
You must be running a nudist camp or something. 87? Holy cow, sounds like someone gets really good deals on pellets. When it snows, does any stick to the outsde of your house?
Eric has the advantage of selling pellets so chances are his supply is assured very early in the year :)

DiggerJim said:
bungalobob said:
Eric has the advantage of selling pellets so chances are his supply is assured very early in the year :)

Nudist camp, sounds cool except I weigh in around 400 lbs and about 5'2". Wanna see my speedo or thong? Just kidding but I do live in the middle of the woods.

Eric

I don't let it run all nite till it gets below 40 overnite.

Till then, I have been letting it all day till about 7:00pm and it will keep
the house warm overnite till about 5:30 am. I wake up around that time
anyway so I can turn it back on if needed.
I work from home.

Status
Not open for further replies.