oval flex liner, round brush?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinmerchant

Jul 29, 2009
Cheshire, CT
I thought I had read here about trimming a round brush to go down an oval liner. If this is possible then can I use wire cutters to trim the poly brush.

Wire cutters would work fine. When testing the fit, if you leave the bristles too long it can be a real bugger to reverse, so be prepared for the possibility that you cannot reverse it.

If it's too big and gets stuck, you may be able to try this. Twist it in the direction that tightens the rods together (so they don't come apart) then pull almost at the same time. Push, turn to the right, while turning to the right, gently pull. The base of the bristles will do a U-turn while the tips are against the liner wall.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.