Over the River and through the woods - snow in Mass.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webbie

Seasoned Moderator
Nov 17, 2005
Western Mass.
Ah, powder snow.....3 inches so far on Turkey Day, and more on the way....
But it is supposed to turn to rain - I hope not.

Attachments

• snowthanks.jpg
    snowthanks.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 799
Well Craig, you beat me to it. I was debating the suitability of whether or not to post these, but since you've opened the hand, I'll up the ante. I've also been wanting to try out the new thumbnail thing to see how it works....

Mother Nature "Blessed" us with 10" last night and another 10" supposedly coming today. I beleive it because these shots were taken at 8 A.M. this morning, and it's still going strong out there. I think the woodpile shot is appropriate in that I fully expect that by March I will have to dig DOWN to the pile, instead of just to it.

Willhound

Attachments

• Wood.jpg
    Wood.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 735
  • Snow.jpg
    Snow.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 909
Willhound said:
Well Craig, you beat me to it. I was debating the suitability of whether or not to post these, but since you've opened the hand, I'll up the ante. I've also been wanting to try out the new thumbnail thing to see how it works....

Mother Nature "Blessed" us with 10" last night and another 10" supposedly coming today. I beleive it because these shots were taken at 8 A.M. this morning, and it's still going strong out there. I think the woodpile shot is appropriate in that I fully expect that by March I will have to dig DOWN to the pile, instead of just to it.

Willhound

My pics were that dark also... thank goodness for Photoshop Elements and the "levels" command! Cameras have a tough time with all that bright white!

Actually, at 8 A.M. this morning it still wasn't full daylight out yet, so that's the natural light level.
By the end of December we will have daylight here from about 8:45 A.M. to around 4 P.M.
It's usually go to work in the dark and arrive home in the dark. This is also a big mining area so some of the folks that work underground never see daylight from December to March if they work steady dayshift.

Status
Not open for further replies.