Overpriced!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the prevailing local oil price today a ton of pellets is worth about $360 give or take burned in equivalently efficient devices. Your mileage on both will vary, this is as far as I can take the comparison. Locally #2 can be had for $2.99/gallon.

ETA: My current pellet stash cost is under $2.00/gallon oil equivalent, buy them when the price is right for you.

The "shock" may be to the pellet retailers trying to unload $300 + pellets if fuel oil keeps dropping.
Anyone remember 2008 ?

Retails have a bottom line profit that has to be made or it is not worth carrying the product. Retailers are in this game to make a profit or we would be working for someone else.

Eric

The "shock" may be to the pellet retailers trying to unload $300 + pellets if fuel oil keeps dropping.
Anyone remember 2008 ?

remember 2005?! What happened right after Hurricane Katrina?

It's crazy to pay 300+ for a ton of pellets anyway. There are plenty of good pellets around the 250$ mark. A tank of oil last me about 6 weeks during the cold months. A ton of pellets last about 6 weeks. Oil would have to get down to around 1.30$ a gallon for me to start using again. I saw a price yesterday for 2.94$ a gallon

Reactions: Lousyweather
HUH? And exactly how much IS a new F-150? At my age of 70 .
Do you honestly think a new F150 is a valid option? Hahahahahahahaha.................
Also retired military here
I bought my f150 four and a half years ago. (used). I've driven it about 8700 miles. Still looks great. Can't justify a new truck, but I also wouldn't haul a ton in a half ton truck. I did buy and haul a ton in two trips by myself last year. I was able to unload and stack it. Those pellets were not as good for me as the ones. I got delivered from SIB. Just got two tons of softies delivered.

isnt a f150 a half ton truck?
My silverado does just fine with a ton in it, with the canopy on

isnt a f150 a half ton truck?
My silverado does just fine with a ton in it, with the canopy on

All depends on the year of the truck.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.