P.E. Vista Classic advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie0742001

Oct 6, 2006
I own a p.E. Vista Classic. the little stove does a good job of heating the 300 square foot roomits in, but doesnt do as well heating the rest of my 1400 square foot ranch, as opposed to its advertisement and what my dealer stated. I should have listened the the wise adivice here and got the bigger one one but no, I listyened to the dealer. I just ordered the factory blower for about $280, tax included. Will thids really help ditribute the ehat throoughout he house better? is it worthe the bucks? The ceiling fan trick really didnt doit. Thanks in advance.

The hot new topic on the street is that you blow cold air at the stove, so set up a fan from one of your cold rooms and point and shoot.
Am going to experiment with this once I get an install. Also some mention you suck the air up from your ceiling fan not down.
I am open minded and also willing to try this crazy radical theory.

well if you already ordered it then is it not just a little to be asking if it will work????
I use el-cheapo 20"box fans, but I have the space and I don't care that having the box fans around the house looks well.... kinda tacky.

I know the house is already out of the barn on the new blower order. But has anyone used one on their vista with great results?

The Vista should be heating you out of a 300 sq. ft. room. Mine is an insert, not freestanding, but it does a fine job of heating my whole house. The blower should definitely help, but you might need to change the way you are burning the stove. I have found that that it puts out the most heat with the damper at least 3/4 open. You'll probably use a bit more wood, but the heat output will be better. If you have ceiling fans, running them in 'reverse' moves the heat a lot better. If you have them in rooms other than the stove room, use them also when burning the stove, as this moves heat throughout the house.

Thamks, I ll give that a shot. Im gonna see if I can cancel the order on that blower, $280 just seems like entirely too much money for a fan.

After 2 weeks of waiting for the blower, the store told me their on back order and no idea when theyll be available. Any suggestions on the best way to move the heat throughout the house? The ceiling fan doesnt seem to do much. Thanks in advance.

box fans from walmart.
I use the 20" models, but I have hear of some people using the 10" ones and you can buy a lot of those for $280.
even if you cant back out of the blower the box fans will still help move the air/heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.