P61 on extended room sensor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbojoey

Nov 3, 2010
NEPA
Hello,

I'm about a month into owning the stove and have been experimenting with various features and pellets, etc. Yesterday I emptied the ash pan (definitely less than a ton has been burnt), and cleaned the stove for the second time in a month or so. I also extended the room temp sensor from the stove in the basement up trough the floor into the living room, and mounted it about waist high (Its behind a big plant to it's hidden). I set the stove to room temp 70 degrees, feed rate 3, and the house has been holding 70.7 to 71 since!!! Upstairs is about 67-68 steady.

Prior to doing this, I was running on stove temp 3 and going through 1.5-2 bags per day, with the temps about the same. It is almost 24 hours since I filled the hopper and I have MAYBE gone through 1 bag. The stove seems to be running very efficiently. Last night when I went to say good night to the stove, she was barely smoldering, just keeping the coals hot.

I am extremely pleased so far with the stove and the comfort that it provides!!!

Just thought I'd share.

Status
Not open for further replies.