P68 Combustion Motor Adjustment Dial

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TomPajak

Mar 1, 2007
Amsterdam,NY
Just messing with the stove cleaning when I noticed a small adjustable screw in my control panel...looked online and I guess it controls the combustion motor..I've had my dealership here a couple times and no one ever mentioned what it was...any clues?and what is the factory setting suppose to be..to me its can't turn counterclockwise but has a ton of room clockwise..what's that mean for my stove?thanks

It is a Low Draft Voltage Adjustment. It should be preset at the factory but probably should have been tested during a dealer install. If your not having any issues with your burning, flame or draft, I would not worry about it. See page 20 of your manual for more details on this.

Codebum, is of course, correct again. Was told by several members when I was questioning some bad pellets, that maybe you could fool with this to help improve the burning. My little white screw did not want to move that easy, started to strip the head, so I left it alone. Like Codebum says, it is adjusted at the factory, but it is set for optimum voltage. If your voltage is different than what they had at the factory, then it can be adjusted to your voltage. Guess it all depends on your unit and how it is burning, and how much you want to mess with it. You'll need a special measuring device though.

bungalobob:

I tried the same thing with mine. It was stiff to turn then once it did, I didn't notice much differnce. I had placed a mark on my panel to indicate the original setting so I could adjust it back where it was. I looked into getting a guage to test it but they start at around $65+ which is more than I wanted to spend for a one-time adjustment. Right now every thing seems to be burning just fine.

Just an FYI: I have also been told that if the low draft is set to high it cause slow ignition of the pellets.

The Low draft adjustment is for adjusting the combustion blower speed on a low burn setting. When your stove goes to a low or maintenance burn, a lower combustion blower speed will burn less pellets. This adjuestment will vary to voltage going to the combustion blower by ten volts, slowing it down. It should only be adjusted when connected to a draft meter. IF you turn it too low and your pipe is dirty or long in venting, the draft switch can open and shut down your pellet feeder and ignitor. It only changes your effiecency of the unit when it is burning on low. most people never bother with it

Status
Not open for further replies.