p68 esp install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronnoel

Dec 12, 2010
southernct
changing out my banged up old esp, hope this will solve my creosol problem, however I've run into an issue, my stove from fall 2007 has no screw hole to hold in probe, this is not the original probe my dealer replaced original with a larger esp and even had to bor out hole to make it fit. My new one is also of the larger size but without screw to hold down probe it's very lose and silicone is having a hard time working. Also how long should I hold off before trying out I did run it in test mode and that went well.

There's a hole in the ESP bracket, right?
Mark the location on the pipe & either drill a correctly sized hole or
get yourself a drill point zip screw & drive it home with a screw gun.
You'll be all set for the next change, & you won't hafta wait.

yah that going tobe the solution, I just don't understand why harman didnt drill it. It's a bit tight back there for drilling I'll probably have to disconnect to drill.

If it sits in there without falling out don't worry about it theres no seal or anything else just think of it as being there for shipping. If you want it mounted find a place further back that has access for your drill and make a new esp hole with set screw and silicone the old one.

noelp68 said:
changing out my banged up old esp, hope this will solve my creosol problem, however I've run into an issue, my stove from fall 2007 has no screw hole to hold in probe, this is not the original probe my dealer replaced original with a larger esp and even had to bor out hole to make it fit. My new one is also of the larger size but without screw to hold down probe it's very lose and silicone is having a hard time working. Also how long should I hold off before trying out I did run it in test mode and that went well.

Sounds like your dealer cobbed something up when he replaced the probe. There was a mounting hole to screw the probe in from the factory. I would make you dealer come out and fix what he screwed up. Stove probably came with a black wired probe and he only had a red wired probe which is slightly larger diameter and tried to drill out and make it work and screwed something up? I doubt esp change will fix creosote problem. Normally this is caused by a blockage or bad fuel. Is the flapper free swinging? Is the compartment under burnpot clean. Also using a mirror check holes in burnpot and check for plugged holes.

yah you were right about that esp probe not changing much as far as my creosol issue also changed out door gasket with no luck. I've cleaned the whole stove,checked my intake air flap and I just don't get it. Whats happening is soon after fireing up,somthing like 1/2 hour or so creosol comes right back behind fire pot even starts a new flame were there shouldn't be one on the fire wall w.t.f? Worst part my dealers not even certified Harmen tech. so there no help.

This is a long shot but buy a few bags of a different pellet just to rule out fuel. Is the cover on the combustion fan seated and on correctly? the cover for the igniter compartment is on and tight and the area around the igniter is clean?

I do have bags left from last season, there woodpellets.com I have hard and soft, I'll try that but not much confidence in that being the issue. All fans in back are looking fine, my stove is actually running good with nice strong flame. I have no idea whats causing this creosol to develop so fast but now I'm leaning towards maybe a crack some place around the auger area that seems to be the trouble spot, Im going to research other Harman dealers in my state and see if they might want to take on my stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.