p68 flame

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

namz111

Apr 25, 2008
NE PA
Can anyone post a few pictures of there P68 burning? I have one and the flame always hits the front of the glass and not the top of the stove, stove is cleaned all the time and i only burn it on room temp. So what would cause this? Harman has not been any help and this warranty runs out in a few months. I have also tried other pellets but that has not changed anything.. I bought this stove new and has done this from new.

thankz

You don't need anyone to post pictures, it's not normal. I would post mine, but the kids took their cameras to college. It certainly does happen at times, really ashy pellets, dirty stove, but not very often. My flame always hits the top of the stove on startup. If yours has done this always, the only thing I can think of is there's something with the gaskets around the door, or glass. Maybe they were never installed correctly. Hopefully the service guys on this forum will chime in. Harman won't help you, but your dealer who sold it to you should. I assume they haven't been helpful. If they are telling you it's normal, it's not.

Our P61 pushes the fire straight up right beside the fire bricks.
The air coming through the bottom of the burn pot makes this happen
Like newf lover said: gaskets/leak which is causing a loss of vacuum.
As I remember there is also a "flap" which opens when the combustion fan is running.
Is this "flap" stuck shut??
The vacuum is created by the combustion fan.

The official name is "Air Intake Flapper"
My Avatar shows normal flames

Here's is mine just starting up, if you have the outside air kit make sure they cut out the white gasket material and check the the air flapper as mention above you should have a whitest flame and not a orange color flame

Attachments

• stove 3.jpg
    stove 3.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 242
check that the holes arent clogged in the burn pot, but also, whats the flame guide look like? is it deviated or warped?

Status
Not open for further replies.