P68 Harman Venting Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenWater

Aug 30, 2009
Catskills
Hello.

Can a pellet stove be safely vented to the outside beneath a deck? Turns out the best place for a pellet stove in my basement would put the vent beneath my front deck. Additionally, the exhaust would be a little less than 3' above mulch ground cover. Looking at the vent install information on the Harman site, 3' is the recommended (code required?) distance. Would love some feedback on this.

I've been debating wood vs. pellet, and want pellet for many reasons, and the desired spot in the basement puts the vent beneath the deck and the close to the mulch could be the deal breaker.

Thanks,

Chris

agree with pook......extend the vent to where it exits the underneath of the deack, also ensuring its greater than 3' above the ground as well.......

Status
Not open for further replies.