P68 issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoot23

Minister of Fire
Mar 28, 2012
Alfred, Me
My sister had her p68 installed in dec of 2011. It shuts down during the night and the hopper is full. Her dealer has been to the house 3 different times. They changed the gasket on hopper, electric board, and fines cover. I haven't talked to her since they came out last Monday, so I don't know if it has happened since the fines cover has been changed. Anyone else have these problems. I bought my stove from the same place in January and it runs fine.

Does the stove give any error code after it shuts down? Is your sister running the stove in room temp mode or stove temp mode? I would look into the vacuum switch and the auger motor. The esp probe is another part that could be checked.

Is she running it in "Auto" ?

Tom C.

She runs in auto, when the service guy came out he checked the probe and changed the gasket on hopper. Not sure what the error code was.

I have a problem of my own I think. Flame flutters at times and the stove has a very deep rumble to it like it has leak from somewhere. I Just cleaned it fully last week, but I took it apart yesterday. Tightened the fine door, cleaned around ash pan door and window. Just got the stove in January, my gaskets can't be going already. Any suggestions

On your sisters, where she has it in auto, it will shut down during the night and seem cold in the morning. Try turning the thermostat up a little and make sure you vacuum the ignitor compartment. It is located below the burn pot, just remove 2 wingnuts. You can also try running it on manual, to see if it shuts off at night.

On yours, when you take it apart, make sure you vacuum all the little compartments on the back of the unit.

These little things happen, it did to me and all of us. Just stick with it and it will smooth out.

Tom C.

Thx Tom, the only compartments I know of on the back are the fines cover, and on the other side I vacuum the fan.

On my sisters stove I had her switch to manual before and I believe it still shut down. I asked if she was surevshe had it in manual because it's not supposed to shut down in that mode.

MMMMM! Status light blinks would be helpful if you can find out from her.

Status
Not open for further replies.