Pacific Energy FP30 blower alert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

fordtrucknut

Nov 24, 2015
missouri
Just a friendly warning when installing the FP30 zero clearance stove. It has a button style temp sensor to turn on the fans when it gets up to temp, it is supposed to contact the bottom floor of the stove, mine was not
Luckly my stove was still out in the open because i wanted to do a test fire before building around it.
My stove had ran for about 1.5 hours before I started to wonder when the fans would kick on, at 2 hours I was getting nervous so i reached in and pushed up on the sensor and instantly the fans kicked on.
Just sending out a friendly warning

Also once the fan kicked on my house jumped from 78 deg( same as outside temp) to 89 deg withing 10 minutes.

This stove is a monster.

Good advice for this installation and any stove with a thermodisc sensor. They are often held in place by spring tension and can loosen up or move out of place after getting jostled during shipping.

Yeah i was getting worried there for a bit, but it cooked the paint on real good,
On another note..
I pulled all the hot coals out at 4pm, and it is 6:30pm right now and the fan is still running, and the stove is still really hot to the touch.
And it got the main living areas ( main room, kitchen, dining - around 1000sqft) up to 96deg, with a start temp of 78deg. And that was with just a few logs, this is going to be a great stove.

Thanks for the heads up! Will be installing my FP-30 in the next few weeks or so and will be sure to check the sensor.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

What would you have to do if the sensor were to fail AFTER the FP-30 installed? I am curious... and unfamiliar with the design of this unit.

Pictures of the installations would be nice to see. Thanks

You would have to pull out the firebrick and un-screw the panel on the bottom of the firebox to reveal the fans and electrical connections.

I have an installation thread on here if you search for "FP30 installation progress thread" quite a few pics of my install on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you demo an old hearth or build a brand new hearth, chase, etc? How much was your total?
I am in the process of replacing a cheap zc fireplace with the FP-30. I would plan to spend 6k minimum. Mine is going to be closer to 10 because of various personal choices such as natural stone vs cultured, etc. Note I am doing everything but the stonework myself. Feel free to pm me with any questions.

at 2 hours I was getting nervous so i reached in and pushed up on the sensor and instantly the fans kicked on.
How did you do this? Is the thermodisc exposed on the backside of the ZC fireplace?

No pic!

What temp is the stove running at? Your stove may not be up to operating temperature yet due to a variety of possible reasons.

My rsf zc fireplace has a similar setup, but it said specifically to leave a small gap between the thermal disc and the floor. It takes a while to turn on but not 2 hours. Every stove is different I guess!

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk