Pack rat in the barbie.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Found a mouse nest a few weeks ago. That happened after not using the BBQ for a month.

Did I hear rats in burger?

download.jpg

Reactions: JimBear
I heard the trap snap a couple of hours ago. There has been a hellacious amount of banging in the bbq. I cannot shoot it in the bbq, I do not want to stab it, gassing it was vetoed, there is not enough room to swing a hammer, and I do not want to be getting rabies shots if I try to throttle it.

I tied BBQ to the deck rail. Turned on the gas for about 15 minutes, got a long pole and pushed the igniter button from 10 feet away while hiding behind the deck table like a cowboy in a saloon shoot out. Those holes in tables for putting up an umbrella work great for poking the pole through.

Upon ignition, the top of the BBQ blew about 100 feet in the air. The rat was seen going airborne over the garage with the trap on its head. It landed on the truck and cracked the windshield. I could not enjoy this as much as I wished to as I was busy jumping up and down screaming in terror as the fire ball seared off my eyebrows and mustache.

I showed that rat who was in charge around here.

Set a bunch of traps in the area. Also if there are any feral cats in the area, don't shoot them. If you get a nest in the grill, using a large propane torch cleans it up nicely.