Pallet Jack for moving pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joe_pinehill

Nov 29, 2008
nj
I just got an order from Pelletsales.com

Has anyone used a pallet jack to move the pallets of pellets? They driver got them in the garage as best he could, but I like to move them around .

joe_pinehill said:
I just got an order from Pelletsales.com

Has anyone used a pallet jack to move the pallets of pellets? They driver got them in the garage as best he could, but I like to move them around .

I purchased pellets from a place that uses a pallet jack. Worked great. He put them exactly where I requested with no broken bags.
I had pellets delivered by a place with a folk lift. I had to restack those pallets by hand to get them where I wanted....I guess the good part of that is I got exercise.

Our Local Tru Value rents them for $15 a day. Well worth it to save your back and get them where you want them.

Depends on the distance but 2 guys can move 3 tons by hand in under 15 minutes. Have refreshments at the ready for when the job is done. a pallet of pellets makes a nice leaning area to shoot the bull.

Eric

The place we order from sends a pallet jack so the driver can put the pallets at the back of the garage. The one time they forgot to bring it, I borrowed one from work. Made re-arranging fast and easy.

Cheers

Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.