Pallet racks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SolarAndWood

Minister of Fire
Feb 3, 2008
Syracuse NY
Not mine but thought I'd share.

Attachments

• pallet rack 1.jpg
    pallet rack 1.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 519
  • pallet rack 2.jpg
    pallet rack 2.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 580
I like the black tarp for water drainage and no weeds

I like the idea of only stacking it once and dropping it in my garage as i need it instead of having 8 cord stacked outside my front door.

Having the right equipment is always nice, too. I like that ideal though, clean setup.

Very nice and not costly to build either.

I like it. I may be building me some of those. My near boiler wood storage is getting full. It would be nice to stack far away and move with the 3 point.

Sweet setup they have going on. If I owned a bigger tractor or the skidsteer I have been borrowing I would build a few of those and use them for sure!

certified106 said:
If I owned a bigger tractor or the skidsteer I have been borrowing I would build a few of those and use them for sure!

That is what I am thinking. My loader wouldn't touch it but my 3 pt is rated at 2 ton. Should be enough to pick a loaded pallet rack up. Would save me a lot of work and free up some valuable real estate under a roof near the house. Need to find some 3 pt forks.

I like that for the simple fact of knowing how much wood you have. A basic 40"x48" pallet, stacked tight to 4' height = .41 cord. Worth at least $250 on CL. :snake: Seriously, thanks S&W, I like the idea. JB

SolarAndWood said:
certified106 said:
If I owned a bigger tractor or the skidsteer I have been borrowing I would build a few of those and use them for sure!

That is what I am thinking. My loader wouldn't touch it but my 3 pt is rated at 2 ton. Should be enough to pick a loaded pallet rack up. Would save me a lot of work and free up some valuable real estate under a roof near the house. Need to find some 3 pt forks.
What if you just made the racks smaller so that the loaders you got could pick them up and double stack just a thought.

will711 said:
What if you just made the racks smaller so that the loaders you got could pick them up and double stack just a thought.

My 3 pt can pick up 5 times what my loader can and the pallet only needs to come 6 inches off the ground to move down the driveway to the garage.

Great idea. nice wood rack for "into the stove" stuff too. (On the porch, near the stove etc.) No stacks falling over.
Tks S&W

Does anyone have 3 pt forks? Looks like they top out at 2K lbs unless you go to something that looks like a mini forklift?

Hi S&W

I've seen used fork on cragslist quite often around here. You'd have to build you own frame to mount them but they also have a lot more weight cap. I got a pair of 5' 10,000 lb cap forks for my loader from a farm auction but haven't gotten around to making them fit on it yet.

Billy

I see them go by here too Billy, might be time to learn how to weld. I'm pretty sure I would trash the two that TSC has pretty quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.