Pallet shed !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pallet Pete

This guy was the first of three that I will have buy the end of 2012 I hope. It is made out of 4*6 pallets and scrap 2*4's and a lot of Beer :lol: .
I used Barn and Fence paint that stuff is ridiculously thick. I hope I give you guys some Ideas enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG_20110530_154336.jpg
    IMG_20110530_154336.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 2,942
oops sorry forget a pic! This shed holds 2 full cords actually a little more.

Attachments

• IMG_20110730_093535.jpg
    IMG_20110730_093535.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 1,559
Looks great!!! Job well done!!!

nice..been thinking about one or two of these myself...what did u use for roofing?

Steeltowninwv
I used 3/4 plywood for sheeting roffing felt for underlayment then drip edge shingles I found in the garage left over from something. The hole thing was less than $100 us for materiels.

That looks real nice. Can you put up some more pictures of it? I might want to copy it if you don't mind.

Jeromehdmc
Certainly I will take some more of them and put them up for you.

Good luck
Pete
Ps You cant copy the beer I made that lol ;-P

Nice work Pete and painting it just put a nice touch on it. Most that we see are not painted and of course, not painted means they won't last as long or look as good.

Pete that came out great! How big is the floor space? I like how the walls give good airflow too and it would be easy to tarp the sides to keep the rain and snow from onto the wood inside..

Ray

Ray, you need to build one of these to put next to your other one.

Backwoods Savage said:
Ray, you need to build one of these to put next to your other one.

If I could I would!!

Ray

ART!
Very nice
The wood in there looks great too :)

Raybonz
The pallets are 4*6 side by side in the floor with a spacer in between so the floor is about 50 square ft. The roof is 8 ft in front and 7 ft in the rear.
Tarps are soooooo eazy to hang on this wood shed I am going to put them up with hooks on top and a 2*4 screwed to the bottom. I will try to remember the pics soon. It gets very dark early now so I might not get them up until next weekend.

Very nice, I was thinking about picking up a used corn crib for a couple hundred bucks. This looks better, and a little more manageable. +1 on the beer! Thanks for sharing

Cool Pete. Nice to see those things get used for something like that. A strange thing, my wife and I drove by a house the other day 3-4 miles from our place and he was building a storage shed, pretty big one, out of pallets. We thought, what the heck? Well, they are free. Makes for a building. Cool. Hope he makes it good and strong. Now I see your wood shed. Very cool. Nice work Pete. Love the color.

I like it. Curious how the roof is secured. Any risk of it blowing off?

That is a much nicer version of how I use my pallets......I just have it floored, and sides.....looks great

Looks really good Pete, did you say the pallets are 4 feet by 6 feet? I have about 30 pallets but they're all 40 inch by 48 inch, maybe I can get creative with them and try to replicate what you have somewhat. Looking forward to more pics for ideas.

Golfandwoodnut
I have the roof secured with hurricane straps as well as being nailed in pretty darn tight. So far no blow aways, it has survived some wild weather this year.

Weatherguy
Yes the pallets are 4 ft by 6 ft and I used pallets I tore apart for the 2*4's for the rafters in the roof as well as the center support.

I think we need to have . . . what was it called . . . Pallet Island photos . . . posted up here and compare the two. ;) Looks very nice . . . and cheaply done. That said . . . I still have a special place in my heart for Pallet Island.

Totally stealing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.