Papa Bear Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mxd253

Hey Guys,

I'm really enjoying the forum so far! With all of the great info I have been able to clearly identify my Fisher as a Papa Bear. Pat. # D 237798. I bought it out of a cabin in the Gatlinburg area of Tennessee. I'm getting close to firing it up for the first time but have one question before I proceed. Do I Need A Door Gasket? If so, 3/8" or 5/8"?

Thanks for any help

download.jpg

Fisher stoves were designed to work without door gaskets. My Papa Bear (which looks exactly like yours) heats great. Just make sure the door is not warped and seals well against the face of the stove. Look up Coalys posts on here for more info on the Fisher line of stoves.

Reactions: mxd253
The Griz has it pretty much right on. I too have the Papa Bear and mine has no gasket. Welcome to the forum!

Reactions: mxd253
Status
Not open for further replies.