Partial or Fully Lined?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kruger

Oct 14, 2008
SE Wyoming
How important is a fully lined masonry chimney compared to a partially lined? What difference will it make? Is it more about draw from the chimney or are we talking major differences in efficiency?

I was planning on doing a direct connect (partial liner)
but after some advice from the guys here i am doing a full liner.
I found a FlexKing .007 liner on ebay for $400.00
The thing that sold me on the full liner is not wanting to pull the stove once a year
to clean and sweep the chimney and liner. With the full liner, there is no pulling out
the stove. This way a guy is more likely to do his own chimney sweeping.
Here is a link to check out.
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/24795/

Brad

And the cost difference is minuscule given the competition in full liner kit sales.

I did the fully lined because my flue tiles were cracked. I love the idea of the pipe within the flue. Seems to draft well, and it just gives me a better assurance that no smoke/ CO2 etc is exiting the flue into the house (chimney is along outside of the house along the kids' bedrooms). Still hace CO2 detetectors, but again, I just sleep better at night.

I'd bet a cord of wood you wont find anyone here recommending you dont go with a full liner. If you do the full liner you will soon forget about how much extra you paid. Dont do it, and you will be reminded of how much you saved everytime you have to pull the insert out to clean the chimney.

High_Iron said:
I'd bet a cord of wood you wont find anyone here recommending you dont go with a full liner. If you do the full liner you will soon forget about how much extra you paid. Dont do it, and you will be reminded of how much you saved everytime you have to pull the insert out to clean the chimney.

I would just go with a partial liner!
High_Iron do you need my address to send the wood? LOL
Don

Better draft makes everything more efficient!

Status
Not open for further replies.