PB-105 Blowers $ to run?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

u4015

Nov 22, 2008
Cromwell, Ct.
I was just wondering how much the blowers on the PB-105 add to the avarage New Enland electric bill. Mine have no shut off after the call is done. I understand that Harman did this, this way, on purpose to create a constant draft, but are they getting a kick back from the local utilities (LOL). Seriously has anyone noticed a jump in their utility bill from this attempt to get off oil.

Thanks
Bob

Ps. if anyone has found a safe "approved" method of starting/stopping these when there is a call/no call please post your solution.

Bob,
My combustion blower running draws .6 amps or uses 72 watts/ hr. Multiply this by 24 hr/ day, 30 days in a month which equates to 51840 watts or 51.84 kwh. Multiply 51.84 by whatever your paying per kwh to calculate your costs. Mine is costing me less than $6.00 per month.

Status
Not open for further replies.