PDVC Room Blower Grinding Sound

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DawgOnKing

Jan 7, 2010
NE Ohio
My PDVC room blower is now making an annoying sound. I'm aware of the whistling sound that's been reported on other threads and I've heard that as well at times. It's usually during startup/shutdown. I would compare my room blower sound to that of a bad ball bearing. A grinding sound that comes and goes. If I adjust the blower setting the sound increases or decreases proportionately. I first noticed it yesterday when I got home from a few days away. I turned the fan up a few settings and then back down - which initially made the noise dissipate, but it continues to return.

Only had the stove for a month. Never been run above a blower setting of 6.

Any ideas?

I have the same problem with mine as well. A tech said that it may be that the bearings are on their way out. I find it hard to believe that yours would be having that problem so soon though. I'll let one of the more knowledgable people here answer this one for you. Best of luck!

I would not hesitate to give tech support a call as they are very helpful. The few issues I had they were more than willing to send me a new part.

stoveguy2esw said:
call my shop one of my techs will take care of you 800-245-6489 office hours are 8-5 eastern mon-fri

Thanks Mike (and others) for responses. I travel weekly and am back on the road. I told my wife to discontinue use of stove (at the risk of her ending my life) until I return on Monday. I will start her up (not my wife, the stove) and give tech a call. I listened to it more closely before I left and it's certainly the blower although the sound is loud on both sides of the stove at mid-level. The sound still comes and goes and is not yet constant. I will update this thread on Monday when I have more time.

stoveguy2esw said:
call my shop one of my techs will take care of you 800-245-6489 office hours are 8-5 eastern mon-fri

Englander service stepping up to the plate again.
Nice job

Status
Not open for further replies.