PE Pacific now a Super

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sisu

Feeling the Heat
Sep 28, 2009
Ontario
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that my warranty claim came to completion today. The dealer came by this morning and removed my old Pacific firebox and replaced it with a 2011 Super insert firebox. The door and surround are still the originals. I am currently running a few break-in fires to dry the firebrick and to bake the paint. Good thing it is a warmer day today.

For those who don't know, my 2005 Pacific insert experienced some cracked welds in 2009, and was repaired under warranty. The cracks came back and I made a second warranty claim at the end of June 2011. After some back and forth, PE agreed to replace the firebox.

The Super is a bit different than my old Pacific. The bay top and ash lip are cast iron, seem more robust and look aesthetically more pleasing to the eye vs the old Pacific one. Internally it seems similar, but I did not take it apart. It has also two small blowers on each surround side vs the old big blower.

I will have to see how it burns to give it a full assessment. I am happy that it was replaced and hope that it will perform flawlessly. I thought that putting in the warranty claim in June would have allowed the installation to occur well before the burn season. I was wrong. However, it was not PE's fault in that regard. The distributor and the dealership were also involved in the process, which made it a lot slower. But I exercised patience and now have a new/old insert!

Attachments

• CIMG4321-resized.jpg
    CIMG4321-resized.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 312
Nice. I'm glad PE took care of it properly.

Is the Super the same size stove as the Pacific?

BrowningBAR said:
Nice. I'm glad PE took care of it properly.

Is the Super the same size stove as the Pacific?

I believe so. I haven't looked at the firebox specs to compare, but it fit the existing surround and door like a glove.

Glad to hear they made good for you.

Shawn

Good to hear they took care of this and that you are back in the burning business. I like the new look and improvements.

Hmmmmm
Congrats
Since I bought my Summit new, I have replaced the blower fan, which I should have turned in under warranty, but didn't. Had cracks repaired and refail such as yours. And now the fan control is going to crap.
Yet another $46.00 + shipping. I am about ready for a new damn insert myself!

That is Super Sisu.

Sisu said:
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that my warranty claim came to completion today. The dealer came by this morning and removed my old Pacific firebox and replaced it with a 2011 Super insert firebox. The door and surround are still the originals. I am currently running a few break-in fires to dry the firebrick and to bake the paint. Good thing it is a warmer day today.

For those who don't know, my 2005 Pacific insert experienced some cracked welds in 2009, and was repaired under warranty. The cracks came back and I made a second warranty claim at the end of June 2011. After some back and forth, PE agreed to replace the firebox.

The Super is a bit different than my old Pacific. The bay top and ash lip are cast iron, seem more robust and look aesthetically more pleasing to the eye vs the old Pacific one. Internally it seems similar, but I did not take it apart. It has also two small blowers on each surround side vs the old big blower.

I will have to see how it burns to give it a full assessment. I am happy that it was replaced and hope that it will perform flawlessly. I thought that putting in the warranty claim in June would have allowed the installation to occur well before the burn season. I was wrong. However, it was not PE's fault in that regard. The distributor and the dealership were also involved in the process, which made it a lot slower. But I exercised patience and now have a new/old insert!

Congrats Sisu that's great news!

Ray

Good news, Sisu. That's a deal I could live with.

Hogwildz said:
Hmmmmm
Congrats
Since I bought my Summit new, I have replaced the blower fan, which I should have turned in under warranty, but didn't. Had cracks repaired and refail such as yours. And now the fan control is going to crap.
Yet another $46.00 + shipping. I am about ready for a new damn insert myself!

I would put in another claim. Do it now, considering the time it takes!

Status
Not open for further replies.