PE Vista Blower issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Walter

Nov 14, 2012
I have a 5yearold PE Vista C Wood Insert. The Fan(blower) turns on and works when I switch it to ON. But in "AUTO" mode will not come on. Is there something I can replace or check? The Installer wants 150$ just to come look at it So Im trying to save money here.

It sounds like the snap switch may have given up. This should be pretty simple to fix. You'll need to pull off the back heat shield, remove the old snap switch and replace it with a new one of the same rating/values. A new snap switch should be under $15.

It sounds like the snap switch may have given up. This should be pretty simple to fix. You'll need to pull off the back heat shield, remove the old snap switch and replace it with a new one of the same rating/values. A new snap switch should be under $15.

That's what I thought. I pulled the front blower assembly off (2 screws ya!) and saw that part. I figured it was some sort of thermostat. According to the manual This is the part

7.....Snap Disc Switch .................................................. 5027.2

Problem is I don't know what the rating is. Would be it listed in the manual? I have that here. https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1PbqeaEO6Uw4KVW0NNWGyAnDZwVv5lLTagQdIC_DtABE

Just an Update. After pulling the blower assembly off. I just did a quick cleaning while I was in there. Tonight when I started the Fire. It turned on on its own! Guess I needed a good cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.