Pel Pro control boards

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RiverRatt

Jan 26, 2012
N.E. Minnesota
Hello all I am new to the forum. I've enjoyed the use of the forum here as I have relatively no experience with Pellet stove or bio-fuel burners in the past, Although we have burnt wood a number of years.
I have a Pel-Pro freestanding model wh3247 the control board has become corroded. I also had a minor mishap while installing a new auger motor, causing a melt down on the board itself. I have found a accutron2 board for replacement. My stove's original board has just the the Accu-tron control board doesn't state if its a 1,2,3.
My question is will the board work as a suitable replacement? I don't use a external thermostat. Any information would be greatly appreciated as a new board is pretty costly on our current budget.

Forum member Don2222 has a Pel Pro he bought and is refurbing... He has replaced the control board to a new Accutron.. Maybe shoot him a PM. He seems to be well versed in the ways of Pel Pro now.

Worth a shot.

Welcome to the Forums.

Hello

Yes, I have worked alot with the Accutron II boards.

There is a new updated Accutron II control board that will work in place of older Accutron II and Accutron III boards. The new board does have the built-in thermostat module for hooking up any 24volt T-Stat.

Since you have the Accutron I board in an 07 Pelpro wh3247 pellet stove,
To be sure just call Pelpro Toll Free Tech Support and ask for Trevor

Technical Support Toll Free # in Alberta Canada is:
Dansons Customer Service (1-866-456-9269).
Ask for Trevor and tell him the Year and Model # of your stove and he should be able to give you the answer.

Talked to Trevor at Danson's today, the AccutronII is the replacement for older models. Thank You for taking the time to assist me in finding assistance. Love this Site!

I have a Pelpro stove. Everything works fine except if if runs out of pellets during the night, the convection fan will remain running. The control board is set to manual mode. Any ideas where the problem might be if not the control board and if not what component on the control board auto stops the convection fan when the rest of the stove shuts off?

May want to start a new thread as you posted to a 2012 thread. Need to get more info on stove too. Model #. The stove probably has a snap switch that controls the fan.
Welcome

[qe="Bioburner, post: 1924042, member: 23130"]May want to start a new thread as you posted to a 2012 thread. Need to get more info on stove too. Model #. The stove probably has a snap switch that controls the fan.
Welcome[/quote]
I will do that and thank you for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.