pellet bags mfg date

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jmart

Aug 2, 2011
central Maine
good morning,

Of the 5 different manufacturer's pellets I bought, Spruce Pointe and MWP do not have
mfg dates stamped on their bags (or at least not obvious to me).
It seems like it would be useful info to consumers who want to monitor a company's trends.

Any comments?---Jerry.

The dates on most bags are actually the bag printing date not the fill/batch date. The only manufactorer to put a batch/bagged date on is NEWP. The only other that I know of is, MWP which has a sheet on the pallet that has the fill date.

Thanks for clearing that up t-j.
I was just wondering how people know when they have a manufacturers current/ improved pellet,
such as with MWP's history for example.---Jerry.

In the case of MWP they changed the bag from the green state of maine logo to the cabin bag. Also see the stove bag at the box stores.

OK, good to know j-takeman.
I'll ignore the dates and keep checking the fine work you do testing pellets.
Great info there and throughout this forum. ---Jerry.

I had a problem with American Wood Fibers last season. Sent them an email and they told me where to look to find there Manuf Date. The top of the bag, above where its seasled had a "Brail" type lettering. You could tell it was punctured in some way shape or form, just enough to print the date. Altough it had letters in it also. That was to tell the possible Operator and batch # along with date. That is the only one I have come across. Wish I saved a Bag for a Pic.

Cant comment on any others. But I know AWF's do.

There might be more like that dex! We just haven't figured them out yet. NEWP does about the same thing. Lightly punched into the bag like inverse brail. Tough to see though!

j-takeman said:
There might be more like that dex! We just haven't figured them out yet. NEWP does about the same thing. Lightly punched into the bag like inverse brail. Tough to see though!

Yes very tough. If I remember correct, the numbers were backward. It really didnt make sense until the Woman explained it over the phone. But, Yes, there may be more.

Status
Not open for further replies.