Pellet Burn Rates - Englander 25PDVC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBart

Modesterator
Staff member
I have burned more cord wood than there were trees in the Garden of Eden. But am a first year rank rookie with the pellet stove.

I searched but didn't have much luck. Anybody have info or can point me to a thread about pellet consumption at various burn rates with the 25PDVC? And/or optimum feed/room blower combinations for it?

Thanks

Hello

The blower settings are what the manual recommends. See chart below.

Click to enlarge

Attachments

• 25-pdvcBlowerSettigs.jpg
    25-pdvcBlowerSettigs.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 295
Thanks. Good info. I just naturally look on the forum before making a call. You guys generally have evaluated that stuff from can to can't. :)

Don2222 said:
Hello

The blower settings are what the manual recommends. See chart below.

Click to enlarge

Thanks. Yeah I RTFM. Just was wondering what real life said about consumption rates. And don't think with my limited experience that I will be agreeing with the room air blower settings for the medium burns. We shall see.

Thanks for the info.

I like the second link.

Good info Don, thx for sharing.

I'm a 25pdvc newb also.

Hello

What I did was to get a Thermometer to measure how warm the air was coming out of the heat exchanger tubes at the various heat settings.
You can use an Infrared Thermometer or a nice Digital Thermometer.

You can see a nice pic of my Cole Palmer digital thermometer that goes up to 1500 degrees F in this thread. :)
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/73714/

Don2222 said:
You can see a nice pic of my Cole Palmer digital thermometer that goes up to 1500 degrees F in this thread. :)

I didn't realize my IR thermo I use with the wood stoves could measure 1425 degrees until one night in September of 2006. :ahhh:

BrotherBart said:
Don2222 said:

I didn't realize my IR thermo I use with the wood stoves could measure 1425 degrees until one night in September of 2006. :ahhh:

Hello BrotherBart

Sounds like a good IR Thermometer. What make and model is it?

Don2222 said:
Sounds like a good IR Thermometer. What make and model is it?

Just the Harbor Freight one. I never dreamed it would measure that high until my old stove cracked and ran away on me. Turns out the charts are right. Steel glows at 1100 degrees. And knees get weak at 1400.

At 1,200 the paint on the stove top thermometer went "poof".

Status
Not open for further replies.