Pellet hopper extention for Englander, Timberidge, Summer heat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not think it is TERRIBLY UGLY...and if is better for your work/life schedule to be able to have the xtra run time with a bigger hopper ?..WHO CARES?...that is why I went with the Summers Heat 25-PAH..120 lb. hopper makes life nice when ya get called away or just have to work O.T...that day

i have that exact hopper extension purchased from that exact same seller on ebay. i LOOOVE my pdvc even more now!

yes it is air tight if you install it right- it was relatively easy to install. helps to have nut drivers for your drill though, which i did. also use the silicone which he says is optional in the directions but i went the extra mile.

i already got used to the new look of the stove but what i really love is filling the hopper ONCE a day. it never goes out while i'm at work anymore. my wife doesnt make a mess trying to fill it with heavy bags by herself. and i fill it when i feel like filling it, not when i *have* to fill it. it also never goes out overnight anymore on a heavy useage night.

i have experienced nothing negative about this upgrade whatsoever.

your old lid attaches to the hopper extension and the extension attaches to the stove with silicone (you must provide) and bendable tabs on the extension that clamp it down solidly.

It really sounds like a great Idea. I asked Mike Holton about it once and he said they were thinking about it. It sure would be nice to not have to feed the beast all the time. I do like my Englander PDVC25

it is great esp. since as you know, the "40" lb hopper does not hold 40 pounds of pellets. I was amazed by that since day 1 of stove ownership.

it was a colossal pain having loads of 1/4 filled bags laying around.

IMHO, best thing you can do to the PDVC. Made one 2 or 3 seasons ago. If it's not cranked up, I can a couple days with no worries.

installed mine last night. piece of cake.i'm looking forward to and already enjoying the extra storage. i ordered mine on wednesday and received it on saturday via fedex. all i can say is "holy fast shipping batman!!!!!"

Hello

I have a 115lb Hopper and it works great!

Status
Not open for further replies.