Pellet insert shopping...suggestions and help.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RAKFROMNC

Dec 18, 2010
NC
Hello all,

I am looking to get a pellet stove insert for my pre-fab wood burning fireplace. Yes, I called the manufacturer of the firebox and it is approved to accept an insert. I am familiar w/ pellet stoves as my late father-in-law had two of them. I have a fairly large firebox: 25†wide at the rear, 42†wide at the front, 16†deep and 22†tall. The main problem is the firebox is 8†above the hearth. I know some have legs/supports for the part that might overhang out the front. Being here in NC there isn’t many dealers that have units in stock that I can physically look at, and I don’t really feel comfortable pay +$2000 for something based on a picture off a website. Here is where ya’ll come in: Please help narrow my search and point me in the right direction. I am currently steering towards at US Stove Co. insert thet Northern Tool has listed at 1700.00, but alot of reviews don’t speak highly of USSC ?

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas.

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.